Hello RPG fans! Today Javelin 1.1 is officially released, the first update after the game has been made public! New features of this version are:
- The Temple of Haxor!
- Many new, randomly-generated battle maps!
- Lots of UI and AI improvements!
- Each town now has a unique selection of items and upgrades
- Towns now take a certain amount of time to craft items and train heroes
- In-battle power-ups for special battles
- A total of 136 monsters, 27 items, 57 upgrades and 25 spells
The new version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/tukkek/javelin/releases/download/1.2/javelin.zip
If you need information on how to get the game working or how to start playing or if you want to learn more about the game: https://javelinrl.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/hello-world/
Some computers may experience slow down after a while on long battles. If this happens to you try reducing the thinking time or disabling the cache by editing the file “preferences.properties” with Wordpad, Libre Office, Microsoft Word or other decent text editor. Let us know if you experience this issue and if the problem was solved after changing your preferences 🙂
Also I’d be happy to hear your opinions about the game so you’re more than welcome to comment here or on our new official forum at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/javelinrl